This website, www.drdaniellearabena.com, is owned and operated by Dr Danielle Arabena ABN: 74 963 249 846. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
I understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
If you intend to become my client, I may ask you to provide me with personal and sensitive information including your:
- date of birth and age
- your personal contact details – name, address, email, mobile
- emergency contact details
- marital status, family relationships and your children, and
- health and medical history, particularly any current medical or psychiatric treatment.
I collect this information solely for the purpose of providing you with the services that you request from me.
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information. It is stored on a fingerprint or password locked device, or on an external hard drive or paper notes in a locked cabinet. Only I have access to these locations. I do not store information online or use any form of cloud storage for sensitive information.
With regard to people under the age of 18, I only work with mature minors or those who are accompanied by a parent. Sensitive information about minors is securely stored under the policy outlined above. However, as a mandatory reporter and medical professional, I may be required to breach this security to alert appropriate authorities or other professionals if I have serious concerns about the safety or mental health of a minor, or if there is a need to escalate their treatment under my duty of care.
All archived sensitive information is securely destroyed after 7 years.
If you engage with me via this website, I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- your interests and preferences with regard to the services and information that I offer
- your email, if you sign up for me newsletter, or when you register for a seminar or other promotional event
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
- through a questionnaire or inquiry form
- when you email me about my services
- newsletter subscription
- when you opt in to receive an offer from me
- at seminars, webinars or other events
- when you are referred to me by another professional or previous client, and
- when you become my client.
I collect this information to:
- respond to your enquiries
- provide you with my services
- monitor the satisfaction of my clients
- improve the products and services that I offer, and
- provide news about my products and services.
This information is used to:
- carry out your instructions to me, and
- provide you with goods or services that you request from me.
I am a General Practitioner and fellow of the RACGP. As a result, I am subject to strict regulation regarding the collection of personal information, health information and client confidentiality.
You may choose not to provide me with your personal information. However, this severely limits my ability to provide services to you, and could potentially be extremely dangerous. If I feel that you are not being open with me, I reserve the right to refuse to work with you.
It is extremely important that you provide me with your correct name and contact details as inaccurate information could delay treatment if I need to escalate your care or have concerns about your safety.
I understand that you are trusting me with highly sensitive personal information about your health and relationships. I take this obligation extremely seriously. I will never share your information without your express permission unless:
- there is an emergency situation
- I am required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order (although I will first seek legal advice and limit my compliance to only what is necessary), or
- where I have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to my functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in.
Disclosure of Personal Information
I will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your personal information while in my possession or control. Other than the exceptions outlined in my confidentiality policy, I will not knowingly share any of your personal information with any third party other than the service providers, who assist me in providing the information or services I am providing to you, such as:
- my VA
- my website team
- my email provider, and
- my medical indemnity / insurance people.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.
I take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your personal information by:
- storing files securely
- ensuring that only I have access to sensitive information
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, and
- conducting regular audits of my security systems.
If you sign up for my newsletter, your personal information may also be stored with Mailchimp, a third party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy: https://mailchimp.com/about/security/.
Access to Information
You can contact me to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available you. Please email your request to me at email@example.com. I will endeavour to reply within 7 days.
- As with any medical consultation, I will not provide you with access to notes that I have taken during our consultations, under any circumstances. These are strictly for my own use, to ensure that any treatment I provide is tailored to your unique needs. What I will give you is information about your invidualised management plan.
- The material I share with you during our sessions is copyright to me. As a result, sessions must not be recorded without my express permission.
Notification of Change